The application process for the 2020-2021 school year is now open.
Note: The registration closes on Tuesday, November 12, 2019, at 5:00 PM.
- All the applicants are ranked on the criteria listed below. The offers are made in the order of the ranking.
- Admission Test results
- Grade 7 final marks in individual core subjects including English, French, Math, Science and Social Science
- Grade 8 ratings in the core subjects
- Learning skills on both Grade 7 report card and Grade 8 progress report
- Extra-curricular involvement
Admission test preparation materials:
- Continue working hard as you can in the core subjects.
- Work through the test preparation materials available above.
- Demonstrate excellent learning skills.
- Get involved in extra-curricular activities.
The Laurier IB Prep Programme prepares students for the IBDP in Grades 11 and 12, Laurier IB Prep students take all of their compulsory courses in Grades 9 and 10 at ‘IB Prep’ level. Laurier IB Prep courses move through the Ontario Curriculum at an accelerated pace, incorporating extra units and activities specific to IB. It is expected that students master Ontario and IB preparatory material at Level 3 (70% or higher) before advancing to the next grade.
Admission to the IB Diploma Programme (IBDP): To enter Year 1 (Grade 11) in the International Baccalaureate programme at Sir Wilfrid Laurier C.I., students must have completed the Laurier IB Prep programme in Grades 9 and 10, or the equivalent, including all prerequisites. Students applying to enter IB from IB programmes at other IB World Schools must consult with the Guidance department and the IBDP Coordinators.
In the interest of student success in the IBDP, and in preparation for post-secondary applications, students entering IBDP Year 1 / Year 2 must be achieving grade level results of 70% or higher in each individual Laurier IB Prep / IB Year 1 course or equivalent. Students and parents are encouraged to consult with Guidance counsellors and the IBDP Coordinators to discuss progress and academic supports for Laurier IB Prep and IB students in order to be successful in the IBDP.